- On 3 June 2007 – a sweltering day – the kick-off-event for the Landscape of the Year 2007 – 2009 – The Danube Delta combined with a Fish&Art Festival took place in Tulcea (RO) in the presence of the Romanian Secretary of State for Water Management.
- On 19 June 2008, the Natura Trails Campaign was awarded the title of Official Decade Project by the Commission for UNESCO under the heading of Education for Sustainable Development.
- The progress we have made in the field of IT was mirrored in Friends-of-Nature marketing, when we launched the completely revamped website www.nfi.at and the platform for all Friends-of-Nature houses www.friendsofnaturehouses.net.
- In 2007, IFN and respect were the first European environmental organisations to publish a joint sustainability report.
- On 15 January 2008, the Friends-of-Nature EU Policy Office was opened in Brussels: It will be operated together with CIPRA International and tasked with lobbying for Friends-of-Nature concerns at EU level and acting as a service point for IFN and its national federations.